VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I will be fitting a pair of ford galaxy seats in my T4 soon using 450mm lengths of 80mm box steel, I will be measuring it all twice before getting the drill out and I do have a rough idea, but before starting the job has anyone got a diagram of the measurements where to drill? I can only see a diagram on here for a passenger seat, does this apply to the drivers side? just thought I'd ask as any knowledge might be valuable on the day...................and to prevent a couple of hours worth job turn in to a hole weekend! Thanks :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes thats the one I've seen mate, was wondering if the measurements are the same for the drivers side too?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
probably best making a template from a bit of card to check. basically you want the outer edge of the box section (at the door) to sit in the same line as your current base otherwise the seat will be too close to the door (if that make sense mate) and then if you work from that edge to the outer most edge of the box section on the other side (measuring the width you need for the distance between the two runners) you should be able to work out the best place for the holes on that side (handbrake side)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers Geodawg, thats does make sense, using cardboard as a template will be a good point too, the seats do sound a bit tricky, like you say especially the drivers side it needs to be away from the door yet not too close to the handbrake, Thanks pal T:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes no problem at all mate, they arrived today so tomorrow Im going to measure them up, order the box steel and give them a clean up as there a bit grubby, hopefully next week they will be in!!....'he said'. T:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Finally got round to fitting my seats, I'm really happy with the results for now and are a lot cleaner than when i first bought them, covered in bits of paint but managed to get that off with some turps, cotton buds and a Stanley knife to scrape the paint, In the long run I will be looking at getting them recovered but for now they do the job, plus I sold my other seats for £80 so these only cost £20 in the end, Bargain! cheers Timmo1966 for the base diagram T:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Cheers again Dude. Let us know what the plan is to disguise/paint or what ever you are going to do as I never got round to doing mine and need a bit of inspiration.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts