VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone else fitted Forge Silicone hoses to a T5 130/174

I bought these hoses on the 13/10/2010 and fitted them quickly and one of the hoses up from the compressor is totally wrong

Contacted Forge but had limited response and i think we have both hit a brick wall

Has anyone had the same problem?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Contacted Forge but had limited response and false promises of sorting the problem
Very surprised at that, Forge are one of the best companies I know of to deal with if you have any issues with product, normally very quick to put things right or even refund if product is wrong??

·
Super Moderator
9,192 Posts
I've the axe engine and they would not make the hoses for me but I did find a company called sfs in Luton which are hose manufacturers who would put a set together:)

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've the axe engine and they would not make the hoses for me but I did find a company called sfs in Luton which are hose manufacturers who would put a set together:)
Hmmm, thats interesting, I may be interested in a set of those - did they mention cost

The standard VW AXE hose couplings are a joke

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just be careful with SFS hoses, I had a lot of problems with them on one of my rally cars..... It cost me an engine in the end

·
Super Moderator
9,192 Posts
Just be careful with SFS hoses, I had a lot of problems with them on one of my rally cars..... It cost me an engine in the end
How long ago? as got there number from AMD who are a vw tuning company in Thurrock

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
whats the point of these hoses apart from looking pretty? I have the forge intercooler on mine but didn't see the need for these?

·
Super Moderator
9,192 Posts
gets rid of the oem clip system which break under more than standard pressure and are expensive to replace based on the silicon type

·
Super Moderator
9,192 Posts
did you get hold of the set as I'd be intrested too??
Not yet but may make up my own set :) as mine keep blowing apart because of boost pressure:eek:. replaced clips and seals but still pop.:*

1 - 20 of 23 Posts