VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

Forum membership payment-TWICE!!!

2K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  jorj 
#1 ·
Has anybody else had problems with their membership payments as I've noticed that mine has been paid TWICE (£10 + £10) on the 15th Dec 2016 and 17th Dec 2016 After speaking with Paypal (long wait )it seems that I have paid double for 2015 as well ffs.As VerticalScope are in Canada contact is hopeless me thinks.It appears that the recurring payment that was cancelled by me in 2012 has been reactivated somehow.I usually wait for the email telling me it's due and then pay it as a once only payment which worked ok from 2011 to 2015 but now it appears (just guessing) that you have to cancel the recurring payment FIRST then pay a once only payment. if only there was someone on here I could call I could probably explain it better.

SEE FULL THREAD HERE....http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1155849

#7 · (Edited)
Two times Two to the power of how many members there are!!!!
That's a LOT of money, even if it just sits in a bank account making interest until they get around to refunding!!!!

VERY annoying, as I had sufficient funds in my account to pay the forum and my ebay purchase....it just went £9 into the red!!!!!

NOT what you want from a Forum!

I pay by PayPal....so unless it's sorted out, I'll just inform THEM that there is a "scam" going.
They'll just block all further payments (from anyone) to the "company" VerticalScope Inc until they know it has been resolved.

EDIT;

I've reported it to PayPal.....waiting to see what happens.

Everyone else....check your bank accounts!!!!!

#15 ·
PayPal refused to refund, as it was an "authorised transaction" that was set up.

"Thank you for contacting PayPal.

We' ve investigated your unauthorised payment claim. The payment in question was sent as part of a billing agreement previously set up. For this reason, we’re unable to consider this to be an unauthorised payment.
As a courtesy, we’ve cancelled this billing agreement for you. In the future, however, please be aware that you can manage and cancel your billing agreements directly from your PayPal account.
Here's how to cancel a billing agreement:
1.Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
2.Click the Settings icon at the top of the page.
3.Click Payments.
4.Under 'Manage Upcoming Payments', click Pre-approved Payments.
5.Use the filter to select the seller whose agreement you want to cancel and click Cancel.
6.Click Cancel Profile to confirm your request.
If you’re unhappy with the terms of your subscription/billing agreement, we encourage you to work with your seller to find resolution."

#16 ·
Mail back from the forum;

Type your response ABOVE THIS LINE to reply
JAN 23, 2017 | 10:41AM EST
Angela B. replied:
Hello

Thank you for your e-mail. You would have to cancel your membership through PayPal, as forum subscriptions are recurring.

Here are instructions, and if you have any issues cancelling it contact PayPal directly

1.)Log in to your PayPal account.
2.)Click the Profile icon next to "Log out."
3.)Click Preapproved Payments under "Payment settings."
4.)Click the merchant name.
5.)Click Cancel Automatic Billing at the top of the page.

If your subscription just came out in the last 60 days, then a refunded can be submitted.

Your PayPal e-mail address and transaction Id are required for a refund and, it will take 3-5 business days for a refund.

Regards

JAN 20, 2017 | 01:48PM EST
Original message
Or_GazM wrote:

The following message was sent to you via the VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum Contact Us form by Or_GazM ( mailto:Gary@mimer.no ).

--------------------------------

I have been billed TWICE at £10 to my PayPal account...WHY?
Please refund ASAP as I don't keep many funds in there.

--------------------------------

Referring Page: http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1810
IP Address: 83.243.204.245
User Name: Or_GazM
User ID: http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/member.php?u=13040
Email: Gary@mimer.no

"Your PayPal e-mail address and transaction Id are required for a refund and, it will take 3-5 business days for a refund."

WHY?
They have that as it where they took the money from in the 1st place!!!

#19 ·
Tbh I'm a bit miffed as this is another knock to the forums functionality and reliability... Its lost the majority of users (espically the occasional user) after the whole password/account reset faff. - It could do with a bit of thinning/organising also. There are far to many sub-forums with wide overlap.

I'd be happy to spend some time and get things moved to correct locations and tidy it up but there seems little inclination to... I can't stand Facebook its even more disorganised with the signal time line and endles 'whats it worth' drivel I:

/grumble ends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.