VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
One of my friends had a very fancy car [can't remember the make or model] which had a forward facing camera. It automatically filmed every journey. The car went in to a garage for a service, and when she got it back, she noticed that the mileage was higher than expected. She and her husband viewed the video - and to their surprise, it showed that the car had been driven at over 130mph on a dual carriage way [A435 down just outside Redditch] and it also recorded the voices of the mechanics who had taken it on a little joy ride.
My friend's husband did not report it to the police - but did upload the vid to youtube - where it was spotted by local police who paid them a visit. The mechanics that had taken the car on this ride were sacked, of course. They were extremely lucky not to have been prosecuted.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
What do you want it for, out of curiosity?
One good reason would be to stop Eastern Europeans, four up, in a borderline MOT case car overtaking & braking hard, thus writing off the "valuable" car & opening up a claim for whiplash injuries x4.

No that I'm suggesting anything.................

Or, how about disputing speed scamera tickets - I'm sure there can be many others.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Got the roadhawk in mine, as said above is great in case of a crash or arguning the toss of speeding tickets, but lets hope none of those happen I:*<:)>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts