VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 1/2 years ago I was in contact with someone doing genealogical research on two areas of the same family. I wanted to regain contact so I tried to email but got a failure notice.

Is there any way of tracing someone who might have changed email address (but possibly kept the bit before the @ sign in the address)?

Cheers, Tony.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Sounds obvious, but search on google, facebook, friends reunited, linkedin, etc. If their name doesn't yield any results, try known friends, associates or colleagues. Quite often a google search might throw up a result based on a post on a forum, assuming they use a name that you'd recognise. Good luck, Al.

·
Registered
543 Posts
4 1/2 years ago I was in contact with someone doing genealogical research on two areas of the same family. I wanted to regain contact so I tried to email but got a failure notice.

Is there any way of tracing someone who might have changed email address (but possibly kept the bit before the @ sign in the address)?

Cheers, Tony.
You could try Genes Reunited to see if they've been on there? I used to do research on my family history using GR but it got expensive so haven't been on for a couple of years

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The act of typing out my plea got the old grey matter working and I dug out a gurt wodge of letters from way back and one is from her brother. No email but an address so I'm hoping he's not moved, I'll knock out a letter and pop it in the red thing on the corner.

Thanks to all. Cheers, Tony.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts