VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
I'm back on the case after a long delay......keen as mustard to get the van back on the road........watch this space!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Dudes, it pains me to say this, but i'm seriously considering selling the van.

I have more projects than I have time for, and now the wife has a bigger vehicle, plus we have a massive trailer; the van is surplus to requirements.

I know i'll regret it, but I dont want it sat there going to waste.

I'll list in classifieds a bit later.

I can sell the van in whatever spec level your money allows, but I think "blank canvas" aptly describes it.

Upgraded wheels / seats are optional.........

Van is TDi'd with a working conversion.
Gearbox yet to have 5th gear-up fitted, although I have the cogs.
Cruise control fitted.
Lowering springs fitted to rear....front lowered to suit.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Open to serious offers.
90k odd on the clock.
Very solid.
Odd bits need some bodywork (old roofrack clamp area damage).
Single rear door.
Was ply lined, hence tidy inside now ply removed.
system(spam)meister (at) gmail (dot) com

Remove the (spam) and use symbols for the other words in brackets.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
if you do a diff swap then no to the 5Th gear as it alters all the gears gearing from 1st right through top 5Th & gives the 5Th some tall legs

but if its the standard T4 diff your still going use from what those who have done the 5Th gear swap say it drops 150/200 rpm which to me doesn't sound much but there happy i personally i would want it to drop less as i really do think it would still pull it,,,remembering that most diesels have there best torque from 2000 rpm to around the 3000 rpm i"d say if you can get it down 1000 rpm with the diff swap you would have a right machine
Hi sorry for highjacking your post but you got me hook line & sinker!!!
this thread is just what iv'e bin looking for. I'm in the process of converting abl to tdi (Cheers aggie)
& have been wondering about gearing up as i mainly use my van as a car & do a fair bit of motorway driving
So anything you can tell me about the G60 diff would be a real help. Cheers Gazz

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Guys, hopefully the majority of the missing picture links are now working, as i've uploaded them again to a new host.
:cool:

101 - 112 of 112 Posts