VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically I'm skint and I feel like doing something to the van. Anyone got a ideas? big or small, inside or out?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive just took all the free play out of my accelerator cable...ive now got full pedal and a lot quicker van!!...Free to do too:D
Sounds good, how do you do it? (I'm a bit of a novice so wouldn't know where to start)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
EGR blanking and cleaning. Trying to get around to this myself but it keeps getting stalled by the wife's plans. :(

·
Registered
94 Posts
today i did the 1.9 tuning guide (found it here). wound up the boost and fuelling and cleaned the egr. now i have more power and it was free. well impressed with my van and workmanship.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
today i did the 1.9 tuning guide (found it here). wound up the boost and fuelling and cleaned the egr. now i have more power and it was free. well impressed with my van and workmanship.
Can you send that link please? that sounds promising:ILU:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Exhaust Gas Recirculating valve. There's looooooooooooooooads of threads here explaining what it does and how the cleaning/blanking affects performance. Not sure if you got one though; bit premature with the suggestion.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Exhaust Gas Recirculating valve. There's looooooooooooooooads of threads here explaining what it does and how the cleaning/blanking affects performance. Not sure if you got one though; bit premature with the suggestion.
Nice one mate. I've got a 1.9TD 97, do they have one?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sounds good, how do you do it? (I'm a bit of a novice so wouldn't know where to start)
Mines a 2.4.My cable was down near the bottom or the rad.wind up the holding clip and keep checking the pedal.When you can lift the pedal by hand..job done..Dont know if its the same on a 19td though:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts