VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Today I spoke to my boss, who's son has just started there at UNI.

The only thing he mentioned that was negative is the parking in Brighton.

It was awful apparently - :gl so best of luck getting a positive answer.

Rus

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
it;s the most car/van unfriendly place in the uk to park outside of london, car parks are like 4 quid an hour, my son used to live there and we visited maybe 7 times despite my best efforts i got 3 tickets, totally mental imo. Screw Brighton and i live less than 20 miles away, stupid stupid parking policy by a bunch of idiot people in charge of the council that are totally car hating

·
Registered
781 Posts
There's plenty of free on Street parking in the streets north of the Kemp town area if you np don't mind a walk.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
What do you expect from a council controlled by (AFAIK) tree huggers that name all their busses (real ones, not VW ones) after males......

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
last time i popped to brighton, i managed to get a parking spot on the seafront by the sea life centre £3.80 for an hour!!!!!

like Iain1067 we live 20 miles away and keep clear as much as possible the only time is to go to a concert in the evening at the dome or brighton centre but even then the multi stories which are not cheap.

free park near/on the seafront NO

free parking in brighton somewhere Yes but expect a walk

oh and its a 20mph speed limit in brighton
and be carefully not to drive in the bus lanes in the town, they have cameras watching them, and you will get a ticket.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Park it on the beach (with the tide out)I:
I know my van is dirty but that's taking it a bit far for a deep clean

Thanks for the replys, thought the marina was only free for 4 hours

Oh well I'll have to suck it and see, the parking that is, not the trannysI:

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was there yesterday and saw a few vans on Marine Drive about half a mile from the Marina. Its a lot safer than a couple of years ago as the pikies have been moved on from the Marina area.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts