VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi every one! after scouring the internet and ebay for what feels like years of my life im still undecided what freeview flip down tv to go for, idealy i would like a kitchen under cupboard one,but a general flat screen one that i could maybe mount with a swingin bracket arm or something?!?!?! but trying to find one that fits my need in my price range!(100-150) is giving me a headache!!!! so i thought id throw it out there and get you guys advice!!! where to buy whats the best hows bes to mount...................HELP!!!!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm on a similar budget, Morrisons do a 16" techwood tv/dvd LCD, back lit with LEDs so low consumption, about £110, found flip down brackets on eBay for about £25
sorted
nice one bud, im going to have a look now! have you already done this then?

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
I'm on a similar budget, Morrison's do a 16" techwood tv/dvd LCD, back lit with LEDs so low consumption, about £110, found flip down brackets on eBay for about £25
sorted
I had the Techwood TV from Morrison's, viewing angle is terrible, if you are not watching straight on the picture goes black, and the DVD failed, in the end I returned it and got my money back.

They do exactly the same TV at Tesco cheaper, but a different badge

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Black silvertech ebay-but mine went wrong after 8months and they wanted £80 for a replacement screen!!
£160 it cost!

if get another i shall buy either a 12/240v tv or an avtex one-dear but worth it in the long run :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Black silvertech ebay-but mine went wrong after 8months and they wanted £80 for a replacement screen!!
£160 it cost!

if get another i shall buy either a 12/240v tv or an avtex one-dear but worth it in the long run :)
maybe i'll have to see if the wife will let me up the budget a bit then...........shes not keen on having a tv tho, but cant beat a bit of match of the day before bed!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tv flipped up made a quick release strap to hold it as close to the headliner as possible :ILU:
that looks smart as how did you attach it to the roof ive seen a few threads about bonding ply to the roof and then attaching the tv to the ply, but im not sure i would trust the bond to hld with all the vibrations and movemnt of the van!!!! been thinking how to do it but cant think of another way to do it yet!!!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
maplins do a nice 10.2" flat screen tv with freeview usb/sd card and mouting bracket that can turn upside down so you can fix to the ceiling for under 100 notes

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
that looks smart as how did you attach it to the roof ive seen a few threads about bonding ply to the roof and then attaching the tv to the ply, but im not sure i would trust the bond to hld with all the vibrations and movemnt of the van!!!! been thinking how to do it but cant think of another way to do it yet!!!!
where i wanted it mounted there was room under the roof supports to notch i think it was 2x1 in between the 2 and made a h fame inbetween to 2 battens notched out under to roof supports i then refitted the headling and fitted the flip down bracket to the h frame no silkaflex used good old fashioned screws as the tv is a fair weight and theres a lot of pot holes in ssummerzet hope this helps T:

·
Registered
56 Posts
i had a cracking 16"one in my car from japan/china few years back built in car roof one, did everything all built in for £180 notes had all aux outs to link to stero in van/car too if u wished made by veba still got the remote ooops lol

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dont suppos you have any pics???
where i wanted it mounted there was room under the roof supports to notch i think it was 2x1 in between the 2 and made a h fame inbetween to 2 battens notched out under to roof supports i then refitted the headling and fitted the flip down bracket to the h frame no silkaflex used good old fashioned screws as the tv is a fair weight and theres a lot of pot holes in ssummerzet hope this helps T:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts