VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm freezing my buns off here..

I finally broke down and pulled apart the dash of my 93 2.5 petrol t4 that the PO claimed had a bad blower motor.. However the blower motor freely turns silently! So I checked for voltage at the motor and NOTHING!

So I pulled the switch out and it seems to test ok, continuity between '+' and other spades..

Fuse for "blower" is good- rear heat works on all positions- I have 14.5v at the switch "+" but nothing anywhere else!

Could this mean a total failure of the blower resistor? I thought if it fails it still works on position 4?

Cheers
Tim

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Quick query - as a man whose buns are also chilled currently (rear heater also fine), is yours a Eurovan/multivan with aircon? Had a look at the heating system in the Bentley workshop manual the other day and all looks v complex - lots of inter-linking between controls.

Mines a 93 Eurovan CV westfalia camper with 2.5 petrol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aye mate- Although I think it started life as a GL and now has a bunch of MV bits on it- it has aircon and heat front and rear-

there do seem to be some strange complexities- but the rear heat and air work properly so the PO assumed the front blower motor was shot.. the front system (so far) appears to be not too bad- just squashed into a tiny spot which is a bit hard to work on..

I've ordered a new reistor that should be ready for pick up in a few hours.. so I'll try that and report back here.. if it is indeed the resistor its not hard to get to- just 7 screws in the glovebox is out- its right behind there..

cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it appears that the resistor got the blower to work on speeds 1 and 2- however it makes an awful racket and it doens't work on 3 or 4? strange this.. I'm going to test the switch some more and such.. its just bloody cold out and I'm sorta sick..

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts