VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have just got back from 2 weeks in France and cannot believe the response we had from the french!!! We had a standing ovation in La Rochelle( well a bloke stood clapping as we drove through!) , numerous photos taken, loads of waves from french t25's, and t4's and so many stop to stare! it got a little embarassing! Do the French not customise cars? We were amazed and loved it their and cant wait to return!
We had more waves in France than we got in Newquay!!!I:Maybe cos the rest of Newquay drive t5's too!!! A:

·
Previously; Stoo
3,271 Posts
Hi bud really good to hear.
Was that in the van, which was at the transport museum earlier this year. Very nice if so:ILU:

Am off to France next month. Can you recommend any good camping and surf spotsT:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,
Just got back ourselves I am glad we were not the only ones who felt that we were driving in a goldfish bowl, loads of comments on the van even the supermarket trolley collector , and the waves and sun were fantastic the most people I surfed with was 2 and I haven't worn just board shorts in the water since Sri Lanka roll on next year, snowboarding first of course.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi bud really good to hear.
Was that in the van, which was at the transport museum earlier this year. Very nice if so:ILU:

Am off to France next month. Can you recommend any good camping and surf spotsT:
we were about an hour up from la rochelle but in a place called " les sables-d'olonne" the beach is fantastic and surf a plenty we visited there for a day and done another day looking around the harbor... the place is fab and plenty to do and see we will deff be going back to that spot next year its a must see and really a sun trap . the toll roads only cost around 100 euro s each way which is less than we thought and the roads are great , there is an aire ( camping stop) at somme that was recommended on here that we stopped at both ways and it is really safe and has everything you would need .
the aires are allover the place and most are free but we stayed in a place by la trance sur mer called" du jard " which we booked on the caravan club web site and for 14 nights it cost around 700.00 for 5 people . but if you are in a camper i would say stay the majority of your holls in aires as they cost very little if anything as long as you dont mind travelling around as most you can only stay in a max of 2 nights.
hope that helped a little T:

·
Previously; Stoo
3,271 Posts
Fantastic bud. Will check them places out for sure.
Last surf trip i did to France was 12 years ago. Im sure its changed a lot since then. Cant wait to get some decent waves and weatherT:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts