VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
i can only see them as a job lot with the front spoiler. Is this mouth fiberglass too. also how did you guys fit it, is it a unbolt bolt on new one job?

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Mine was for a commercial bumper. Pick up the phone and speak to Alex he won't bite. You have to take out the 2 corner trims first then pull the mouth piece with the foot holes. Do a bit of cutting then fit the new mouth. It's a case of cut a little try it in then cut a bit more till it fits.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Alex sorted mine sent it to the painter man while i was on my Holibobs got back all fitted n sprayed up

Not sure about the mesh though might change to the more open rod n rail option :*

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I have one of these that we never got around to fitting - £50 plus post if you're interested.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The raw, and I mean raw, item looks like this....

Should it be so rough????????:(:(

And there is a thumb sized "dish" in the upper inside lip!!

Is it normal to have to fill and sand these before spraying???:eek:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
When mine was painted it was filled in a few little places and fitting was easy. When you take out the old grill you'll have to cut out a bit of plastic off the bumper, best to get it to fit first before you get any thing painted, you can make out where I've cut the 2 bars that go down

And here it is fitted in, didn't need to glue it in as it was a good fit

And here it is all painted

1 - 20 of 24 Posts