VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm after a part for my t4 the arm had snapped behind the black front where you turn hot/ cold control knob. Tried very strong car body shop bonding stuff which didnt work so replacement now only option.
Part number is 7D1 819 045L also has 90151-152/0000 on it.
Anyone breaking an 02 plate with one of these going?

Thanks in advance for reading and any help.....new one over£80

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had the same problem. Look through the threads though as fixed mine with a cut down pop rivet and araldite. Worked a treat and still is going strong.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i love my van but being female i don't do engine etc normally just get to enjoy driving it and have no idea what you mean by cut down rivot, could you explain a bit more please.....I do know the glue though :) i am trying so appreciate your help ,many thanks

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I had the same problem. Look through the threads though as fixed mine with a cut down pop rivet and araldite. Worked a treat and still is going strong.
If you post up the thread buddy, it'll help Daisy out a bit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've spent months looking for one so ordered a used one today from 'vwaudinewusedparts' on ebay £84.00 inc vat & post they have others too I believe. The problem I have found is there are so many very similar ones to fit other VW's but I didn't want to have to adapt one to fit. You can still get them new from VW @ £81.97 + vat
Hope this helps
Caz

·
Registered
20 Posts
had the same prob with mine ,replaced it 3 times with ones from polos and golfs.so i brought a after market choke cable cut the flexible inner cable of and replaced it with a length of 1.6 tig welding wire.i then mounted it in the panel below the heater control.its been in the van 2 years and still works fine.sorted

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had exactly the same problem with the heater control. I found this guy who fixed them on ebay for twenty quid. When i got the part back it was fixed a treat but all the guy did was put some kind of screw in its place. Its still going strong a year later

1 - 11 of 11 Posts