VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, does anyone know if it is possible to simply bolt in the front double cab seat into the rear (behind the drivers seat) of a T4?

My floor is ply lined and to save me ripping it out to check I thought I'd ask if anyone knew for sure if there are threaded points in the right place for me to bolt the seat down. If it's a case of drilling through the floor then I'm not that bothered!! Got an option of a single captains seat for up front so my double will be spare and if I can bolt it straight into the rear that would be great as also have a spare long seatbelt to mount there too.

Thanks for your help in advance! T:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Dude W:

I've just bought a lwb 2.5Tdi which is basically ply-lined, probably similar to yours?

I found a twin seat and the way I'm going to fit it is by using Unwin floor rails with quick release fixings (bought off a member on the forum)

Basically you bolt it to the floor of the van, reinforcing the underside, and the seat basically clips in and out and slides forwards and backwards. You can the cut the ply to fit around it and then carpet or whatever. T:

Do a google search for the unwin stuff and have a look yourself.

For the seatbelts I've just swapped the 3-point button from the rhs to lhs (doing the same on the fixing point underneath the seat) and use a shortened belt as a lap strap on the rhs.

If you don't need to move your seat I guess you could just simply bolt in in?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for that, the Unwin rails look very flash. I'm basically just wanting to see if I can fit the front bench easily in the rear as a temporary measure. I need the third seat for my daughters car seat if I was to pop the two singles up front. I just don't know if there are any fixing points behind the drivers seat to bolt the twin seat down without lifting the ply, and even if there are, are they are the right placement for the footprint of the front twin seat (hope that makes sense?!)

It will be only temporary as sometime in the next 12 months the van will be getting a full conversion and RnR bed with belts. Just want it as a quick (safe) fix for now if possible.

BTW - Just checked out your website, LOVE Exmoor on the MTB. I've MTB'd various places around the world and still have to say Exmoor and the Quantocks still rate as some of the best rides I've had. Combe-tastic!!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll add you to my contacts and give you a yell for my next Exmoor trip with the fellas, there's normally 5-8 of us so more the merrier! :db

Anyone else have any idea on the seat mounts?:dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts