VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some nice person recently took it upon themselves to remove the front fog lamps and surrounds from our Caravelle. The car is permanently parked on the street outside our house, so if I replace them it's highly likely that they'll come back and steal them again.

Therefore I've decided to not bother replacing the fog lights and just put fog lamp covers in place instead. However, because they cut the wiring to the fogs, the dashboard warning light is permanently on.

Since I'm not replacing the fog lamps, is there an easy way to disable the warning light for the fog lamps? Obviously I still want it to work for the other lights and I believe it's a single warning light for all of them?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Sorry to hear you have been done too. They took my spots and panels and then came back a couple of days later and took the drls and panels. Got them on cctv. quicker than an F1 pit crew. 24 seconds to get the drls. I suspect the spots took a bit longer as they are screwed in. I didnt get a light on the dash with the spots but never moved the van until I had replaced the drls. Its behind razor wire and a high fence now. Looks like VW have created a market for easy removable parts. Spare wheel was first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts