VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Guys,, Could some nice person please help me, I have a 94 T4 and I set about to take the seats out today to renew them, the rear two bolts were easy to remove, but the fron two are not.. they look like Mushroom bolts,,as I looked at them witha torch and a mirror, can someone tell me how I remove these,,, have they an allen key hole on the top of it, an if so what size is it,,or is it a Torx drive, is their an easy way to get them out... thanks. john T:

·
Registered
926 Posts
Mine were also a pig to take out, ended up soaking the threads in wd 40 overnight, and then extending the Allen key with steel tube for better leverage, they still put up a bit of a fight though..

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
the floor has 15mm nuts holding the base down,the bolts for the runners,the fronts will be same size as rear?:*

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Snigvan.. thats a good idea about the Bluetack,, Il do that the morra, yes its teh bolts that hold the seat base to the floor

The rear two were bolts but the front two are a think Mushroom bolts, and I wanted tae know if they are allans or Torx an what size.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
am Now sorted.. went out at 1am an got the seats bolts out, an new seats fitted, the two front mushroom bolts are allen an 6mm basicaly ye dont need to remove the front two all the gither, jist take the rear ones out, lossen the front ones... slide the whole seat in a back motion an the seat base pops out...it was after Id taken them out Id realised this... thanks fur yer help anyway guys...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts