VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hellos
Am new to T4 for world but officially joined team yellow this week.

First up on the list of things to fix is the radio. I have one broken 6x9 in the back and no front speakers working! Just want to get the radio on for starters. So...

Any suggestions on good replacements for the standard front speakers? and how easy is it to chase wires through? the old ones seem to have been pulled out.

Cheers in advance. Loving T4 world, it seems to be a really nice little van mad community :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Just replaced my dash speakers, probably the easiest job on my long list of things too do.

Hopefully your wires are hanging out of the back of the unit, should be easy to chase them back too your NEW speakers

Most 4" speakers will fit, but you will need to cut 2 of the fixing points off the speakers, otherwise they will not seat properly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome. Its got a lot of hacked about leads hanging around in the back with lots of crimped connectors. is it best to get the multimeter out and find the right wires to salvage or try to wriggle new ones through? cheers

·
Registered
539 Posts
Welcome, Hertz ECX 100 (4") speakers in my dashboard. Before I finished the conversion I just had these fitted with an amp (hidden in the space below the heater controls in the dash) and an active subwoofer (under the passenger seat), although only two little speakers it was a decent sound and volume. I now have Hertz ECX 690 (6" x 9") speakers in the rear also and combined with an Alpine head unit (DAB and blue tooth) I have to say I am really pleased.

Best of luck with whatever you go for.T:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Rockford fosgates, beat any other brand I have tried - £39.99 for the prime on ebay....look for radio world I think is the name of the company I bought from. I got 6.5in for the rear and they destroyed my old pioneer top end speakers, so replaced my sony 10cm in the front. The bass from the front ones is better than the two front surrounds I have in my living room!!!! and they are top end panasonics. They are brilliant, and radio world has really quick delivery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts