VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

541 - 556 of 556 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
By drilling a nice 1 inch diameter hole in the mount, just to make access a bit easier, have I compromised the audio performance as pretty obviously it is no longer sealed! Thanks.
Possibly.

In fact, yes, but will you notice, probably not!

I made gaskets from closed cell foam to seal the drivers to the adaptor, then reclaimed the factory foam to seal the adaptors to the door. I then drilled a pair of holes and Dremeled a slot between them to make a figure of 8 hole that was a tight fit to the cable, which I sealed with some bitumen stuff from a scrap of sound deadening. This seals the speaker up nicely, but the door is still full of holes anyway so quite possibly overkill! I only wanted to go into the door once. As it turns out I was kidding myself, been in at least 4 times but that's another story!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys
Thanks for starting this post, its just saved me a lot of time in finding out what's happened to my bassA:

Absolut5
Can you please PM me some options and prices for the following...

New front door speakers, the adaptor rings and sound dead material, options for both DIY and for yourselves to do it.
Price to carpet the rear out and time scales involved.

I have a T5.1 2010 factory combi as original apart from the Kenwood DD5025dab head unit. (I've looked and no tweeters in the dash):(

Kind regards
Ady

·
Premium Member
4,673 Posts
Hi Guys
Thanks for starting this post, its just saved me a lot of time in finding out what's happened to my bassA:

Absolut5
Can you please PM me some options and prices for the following...

New front door speakers, the adaptor rings and sound dead material, options for both DIY and for yourselves to do it.
Price to carpet the rear out and time scales involved.

I have a T5.1 2010 factory combi as original apart from the Kenwood DD5025dab head unit. (I've looked and no tweeters in the dash):(

Kind regards
Ady
Sent pm T:...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all.

My first post here... Just bought myself a T5 2015 model. 102hp which now have been upgraded to appr 175hp!! :ILU:

And now I want to upgrade the sound system. I have a set of 6,5 inch 2-way kit with a filter included.
BUT question is:
The loudspeaker wire from head unit, is it going to the tweeker first and then contiune to the door?? So the filter will be placed underneeth the tweeker?

My T5 has parking sensors. If I want to change the head unit. What 2-din unit do you recommend that works togehter with the parking sensors??

Sorry for my "Swenglish"......

·
Premium Member
4,673 Posts
Hi all.

My first post here... Just bought myself a T5 2015 model. 102hp which now have been upgraded to appr 175hp!! :ILU:

And now I want to upgrade the sound system. I have a set of 6,5 inch 2-way kit with a filter included.
BUT question is:
The loudspeaker wire from head unit, is it going to the tweeker first and then contiune to the door?? So the filter will be placed underneeth the tweeker?

My T5 has parking sensors. If I want to change the head unit. What 2-din unit do you recommend that works togehter with the parking sensors??

Sorry for my "Swenglish"......
If the filter is only for the new tweeters, then cut off the old tweeter plug and connect this to the new filter and fit it behind the pillar trim on under dash
Then fit door speakers

The parking sensors will still beep if you do not keep the display on the radio

There are a lot of unbranded internet units that work with the sensors. But you find most are poor quality.

Only the higher end range of branded units like Pioneer/Kenwood/Alpine accept the parking graphics, all others require a expensive aftermarket interface which displays them through the reverse camera port

·
Registered
3 Posts
If the filter is only for the new tweeters, then cut off the old tweeter plug and connect this to the new filter and fit it behind the pillar trim on under dash
Then fit door speakers

The parking sensors will still beep if you do not keep the display on the radio

There are a lot of unbranded internet units that work with the sensors. But you find most are poor quality.

Only the higher end range of branded units like Pioneer/Kenwood/Alpine accept the parking graphics, all others require a expensive aftermarket interface which displays them through the reverse camera port

Thanks for the feedback. I think the tweeter has a passive filter so it´s quite straight forward then..
Do I need any adapter or can I connect the VW original cable to a Kenwood head unit? I looked at your web page but couldn´t get it..

And then next step is a small sub woofer under the passanger seat!

//Chris

·
Premium Member
4,673 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I think the tweeter has a passive filter so it´s quite straight forward then..
Do I need any adapter or can I connect the VW original cable to a Kenwood head unit? I looked at your web page but couldn´t get it..

And then next step is a small sub woofer under the passanger seat!

//Chris
You will need a interface to connect a Kenwood/pioneer etc

We do custom underseat sub enclosures for single and twin seats, they come with JL Audio 10” subs,

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi there

Thanks for advice on forum. I was wondering about a price for the spacers for front doors for T5. I had checked Pioneer speakers in Halfords but to be honest I preferred these Kenwood ones when I was able to try them in the shop. Do you sell them or one that might be worth considering .

Kenwood KFC-PS1795 6.5" 170mm 17cm 3-Way Car Coaxial Speakers 330W

If you could also quote the sound deadening as well. Tnks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Does anyone have any alternative options to the pioneer units? I can't get hold of the HS-1703 speakers. The same price range if possible.

·
Premium Member
4,673 Posts
Does anyone have any alternative options to the pioneer units? I can't get hold of the HS-1703 speakers. The same price range if possible.
We use to sell loads of Pioneers, but gave up due to bad stock, but we found a better alternative, which have better low end response and are super efficient, they are from a French Company called Blam,

We supply they as a plug and play solution, comes with proper tweeter mounts and wooden collars

·
Registered
2 Posts
We use to sell loads of Pioneers, but gave up due to bad stock, but we found a better alternative, which have better low end response and are super efficient, they are from a French Company called Blam,

We supply they as a plug and play solution, comes with proper tweeter mounts and wooden collars
Hi. What were the issues you were having with tbe Pioneers? I've found a supplier but now wondering if there are no longer as good as they used to be. Could you send me a quote for the Blam kit too please? It's for self installation to a T5 with aftermarket headunit and no factory tweeters. Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,673 Posts
We used to order a dozen at a time and got 2-3 sets. So we had to seek a alternative,

The Blams are better, way more efficient so work better of headunits, better bass response and we now supply them as plug and play

·
Super Moderator
5,313 Posts
I have the Blam front set up from Jason running from my pioneer head unit and they have been spot on. I didn’t have tweeters either so it was a nice addition. Jason also sorted me a set of speaker for the rear

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went through this topic, thanks for all the great info shared here!

@Absolut5 can you please PM me price for a set of your new Blams front speakers, tweeters and the wood mount? It's for a 2006 T5 caravelle.

541 - 556 of 556 Posts