VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have to adjust the front suspension on my T4 tdi, its hitting the archs, it has 19" alloys and the guy I got the van from said it has stock front suspension but it can be lowered. how do you un lower it:)?
I have to do the rear as well, it's to low keeps hitting archs, think will put stock springs on for a while, the guy put 50mm lowering on it, however they are car oneA:

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
WTF. car springs on it. hope you slapped him smart. :eek:

as for raising the front just wind the 27mm nuts back up on the torsion bars. they are just behind the tank. cant miss em.T:

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
the front is easy< jake it up, axle stands, and behind the fuel tank you will see two 27mm nuts. i was told that every 10mm of adjustment on them is 25mm on the suspension. mine is wound down to the bottom but hey, thats just me. if it aint rubbin', it aint dubbin lol. hope this helps. with the back just get some standard springs from vw

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the stock springs with the van, will put them back on, with the front adjustment, I saw them, to get more lift do I go rightie tightie or leftie loosieT:
Awesome help, an 10mm = 25mm is awesome,
Cheers John

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers for your help guys, front was east and it's much better, need to do rear tom, spent half the day fitting rear belts in the panal van
John

·
Registered
865 Posts
couldn't see them for looking yesterday, they are so obvious that I had discounted them as actually being the right thing! saw them today, going to have to buy a 27mm spanner tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
A big adjustable worked for me, you might find it useful for other jobs rather than buying a front torsion bar spanner?

Ian. :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I used a adjustable, :) but I did have to jack up the front of the van to take the weight of the suspension.easy job though.
John
PS was a real ease doing the back springs, I like working on my van, so far things are ok.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts