VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Before I bought my T4 (2003 2.5tdi 88hp), the front drivers side wing had suffered a few large dents from a motor cyclist running into it. I'd like to be able to access the inside of the wing to try to push them out again. Does anybody know if the wing is double skinned, or is the outer skin easily accessed from inside??:confused:

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i think ther is a special tool you can get were you screw it into the dent and nok it out with a hammer, only problem is your left with a hole, bit of filler it will be rate enuff.

if you cant buy 1 then ther dead easy to makeT:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys, good to hear that it's probably single skinned and that it's likely that I can access it from inside then.T:

Now I'll just have to work out how to remove the bits 'n bobs on that side of the engine bay to get to it. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow I think!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A: That's unbelievable! Thanks so much for that California1!!! I'm gonna give that a go for sure!

Anyone know if those cans of CO2 are easy to get hold of? Can't wait to give that a try!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
A: That's unbelievable! Thanks so much for that California1!!! I'm gonna give that a go for sure!

Anyone know if those cans of CO2 are easy to get hold of? Can't wait to give that a try!
You need to look for freezer spray. They're used in electronics fault finding, so have a look in RS catalogue, Maplins, Rapid Electronics etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts