VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit chilly last night and the Caravelle was properly frozen! However a quick click of the Telestart remote from the comfort of the house and 20 minutes later the ice has gone!

It's been the most useful mod I've done so far. The system is quite clever too. it doesn't start the internal fans until sufficient heat has built up. Plus the Climatronic system is automatically set to 22degC both sides and the fan/vent control to "auto". It doesn't matter where the controls were set the day before.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it's simply a Webasto Telestart T91 connected to the factory Thermo Top C. Three wires - supply, ground and w-bus to the heater which requires gaining access to the heater plug and adding an extra pin..

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Yes got the same on eba I just text or ring it ,if I text I can set temp and time to run ,brill idea £70,and it Texas me back with status updates .

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I bought mine from carsystems.pl as it comes with a loom dedicated to the t5 with all required plugs / pins & fuse holder. The fuse holder is very clever as it plugs into a spare socket in the existing wiring under the passenger seat.

The kit you have linked to looks just to have bare wires, so you would need to source a pin & bung for the Webasto connector, plus provide your own fuse and holder.

This is a link to the kit I got - for Climatronic only. Things aren't so simple if you have climatic air-con.

http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-transpo...e-kit-engine-heater-parking-heater,id511.html

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
i use a watering can with tepid water 3 minutes :D:D

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts