1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 “Y Plate” VW T4 1.9td

138k with partial service history, last serviced May’16

11 Months MOT

Same owner for past 5 years, converted by me from a decorator’s panel van during that time. Selling due to arrival of first child and the need to simplify holidays for the next few years!

Spec and works done during my ownership as follows;

Engine: -
• 138k oil changed every 5k or yearly - just done May 2016
• New LUK Clutch fitted at 118k – 2011 (by Zmok Automotive)
• Short Shift mod on gear linkage along with new o/e bushes throughout - 2012
• Gear Box pendulum mount replaced - 2012
• New Starter motor – Lucas – Fitted May 2016
• New Battery fitted May 2016
• Glow Plugs replaced – Mar 2013 (by SC VW Customs)
• Accelerator Cable replaced – 2012
• Temp Sensor replaced - 2012
• PP Tuning Stainless Exhaust – De cat with single side exit drivers side -2013
• Replacement Horn fitted – 2016

Brakes:-
• New rear discs and pads fitted – 2012
• New front discs and pads fitted – 2012

Suspension: -
• Sachs HD Supertouring Shocks all round - fitted 2012 (by SC VW Customs)
• Voigtland -40mm Lowering springs at rear - fitted 2013
• Rear Spring Rubbers replaced with Poly Items – fitted 2013
• Poly Bushes to ARB and upper / lower drop links - fitted 2013
• Upper and Lower Ball Joints replaced both sides – fitted (by SC VW Customs) 2014

Interior: -
• Insulated and carpet Lined throughout, including all new ply panels and floor - 2011
• Altro marine flooring installed
• Veedubtransporters Curtain Kit fitted (Grey)
• Autobeds Delux rock and roll bed installed 3/4 width, black vinyl, custom length to suit 6ft+
• Full run of Ikea Faktum units, and worktop with High Gloss Grey doors and drawer fronts
• Dark Grey Alcantara Covered ceiling panels – cab and rear
• Pair of Audi A4 seats or single drivers and passenger bench with 2x3 point belts and Kiravans double swivel – Fitted 2016
• Momo leather Steering wheel
• 8 Ball gear knob and angled gear lever extension
• Pioneer Head Unit
• Pioneer Dash Speakers
• Pioneer speakers fitted in the rear of the van
• Vibe Amplifier mounted under drivers seat running rear speakers (and sub if installed)
• Fire Extinguisher and Fire Blanket

Electrics: -
• Leisure Battery, consumer unit along with 12/240v split charge and mains hook up installed and tested (by Zmok Automotive 2012). Runs a pair of 240v plug sockets, 2 x 12v cigarette lighter sockets and 4 x switchable Ikea LED’s mounted in the head lining. Voltage tested and battery maintained throughout the year to ensure conditions good. Hook up point hidden behind rear fog light.
• Headlight wiring loom upgrade fitted along with upgrade bulbs

Exterior: -
• Original VW T4 15” steel wheels with new Continental Vanco 4 season tyres with less than 1000 miles on them
• Clear front indicators
• Smoked rear lights
• Pair of tinted side windows fitted (by Tidy Transporters) 2012
• Campervan Essentials “C” section Awning Rail fitted – 2016

Extra Items: -
• 2014 Kyham Motordome Sleeper Awning incl groundsheet and carpet. Very good condition.
• Fiamma T4 Bike rack (2 bike)
• Pair of replacement Tornado Red Barn Doors. Very good condition, no dents or rust ready to fit.
• Matching Audi A4 single passenger seat including lowered seat base for you to fit if required
• Vibe 10” subwoofer
• Trolley Jack / breaker bar
• Portable Gas Stove and Gas
• Various Pots Plates and Bowls and cutlery (had just been replaced for this year so 1 usage)
• Set of unused stacking Camping Pans
• Set of Just Kampers External blinds
• Coleman 12v cool box

With a view to providing as much accurate information I can do, the bad points I’m aware of are;

Bodywork. It’s 15 year old ex builders van that’s never been near a body shop, so expect the usual selection of dings, stone chips, scratches etc. On top of this, I’ve managed to put a decent sized dent in the driver’s side long panel by way hitting concrete pillar when reversing out of a space. I’ve included a picture of it to show the extent. The sills and front arches were tidied up by me recently (taken back to bare metal, treated, sprayed), but are my no means perfect. The rears have a couple of small bubbles. The barn doors have seen better days, but I have sourced and will include a very good condition set of replacements that I’ve not got round to fitting (correct colour so should be straight swap)

Keys. At some point during it’s life a couple of lock barrels have been replaced. So the sliding door and driver’s door have a different key to the rest of the van. Not something that’s ever bothered me enough to change them but worth pointing out.
I’m basically looking to sell as a complete, ready to use Camper ideally for someone to stick some clothes in and head straight off. With this in mind I’ll include everything I have to go with the van – including a container of misc parts / spares etc, so I’m asking

£5500 including everything listed above
£5000 without the extra items listed above (i.e awning, bike rack and spare barn doors)

I’m based in Bristol and you’re more than welcome to come and view the van. No test drives without proof of insurance so please don’t ask or expect to just turn up and drive it. I’m around most evenings and weekends, or can do during the day with enough notice to drive the van to work.

It’s been 98% reliable in the time we’ve owned it, with only letting us down twice – glow plugs and starter motor, both of which have now been replaced. Just back from a 600 mile trip round Cornwall where it’s been great and only using 3/4 tank of fuel. We’ve done various long trips in the van – Switzerland, Germany, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Scotland, Skye etc and it’s going to be a shame to see it go. Hopefully the new owner will get the same level of use and enjoyment from it we have done.

Contact me on 07725 983237 or [email protected] or via the website.

If I don’t answer your call, please leave me a message or drop me a text and I’ll call you back as soon as I’m able.
Thanks
Jon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts