VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi is there any fix for the temp and fuel guadge not working in my van? Blue clock type, fuel needle moves off the stop but duse not read corect tryed some other clocks and reads ok, temp has no movement at all.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I would say since you have tried another set of clocks, and the fuel reads OK with them, then your sender is ok and your clocks are not...or it could be the loom, as obviously you have to wiggle the loom about when switching clocks so could be a dirty/dodgey contact as much as it can be the clocks. You need to get your clocks and put them in someone elses, that will tell you if the fuel gauge fault is to do with the clocks for certain!

Temp senders and associated wiring is where you need to go next, a multimeter is your friend here, checking resistance of the sensors and the continuity of the wires coming to you clocks from the sensors/sendors. A:

Good luck :ILU:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After having another look think my clocks are at fault, other clocks i have tryed work fine temp and fuel, got a set of 2nd hand clocks just need milage puting right on them need to find somebody with softwhere to do it

·
Registered
585 Posts
Just re-flow the 24 pin connector and the voltage regulator. Also tighten the clamps that hold the gauges in T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts