VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use a fuel card?

At the moment, I use Fuel Genie which only allows fuelling at Tesco and Morrisons.
That's ok as there are plenty of those sites around for me, but a lot of people think that the fuel is of a "lower" quality?

Anyway, a company called fuel card services phoned me asking if I wanted an account.
The suggested a Texaco card, which can also be used in Tesco/Morrisons (at an undisclosed surcharge)
Texaco is ok too as, there are a few on my routes, maybe the fuel is better for my engine?

He said the price is fixed each week, I won't pay the pump price. Petrol this week is £1.30 and diesel is £1.32
No fees, or charges he said.

Anyone use this company? Is it ok?

Any other options which you use?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I use a card with MF Oils - works for me. I get to use any BP station at a reduced rate. I have a card for each vehicle and can stop using it whenever I want - no obligations.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I could probably benefit from this and have my own company. Have some friends who do a lot of work commuting miles so would they be able to apply?
Unsure if you can get personal use cards with the company that called me today??

Just been reading a courier drivers forum. Lots of p'ed off people on there with regards to fuel card companies
It seems that if you have a bp card (or whatever company) you get surcharged for buying from certain outlets.
Some are bulk outlets, and some are not. So anyone looking into this be sure the stations you're buying from
are bulk ones, or you could actually be paying more than the pump price.

I found there is a £75 annual account review fee with another one too.
I think I'll just stick with Fuel Genie. I know where I am with them, no fees or deposits etc.

·
Registered
125 Posts
i've been using Allstar/Arval for about 8 yrs now, 4 vehicles, £12 per year per card. You can use them pretty much anywhere. A few months back I noticed a £2 surcharge on every transaction. On questioning it arval said that it was in the small print so they didn't have to noitify me :mad:

Needless to say I have closed my account.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I have a few..

Direct fuels (Shell)
Key fuels (loads of random garages)
Texaco
UK Fuels (BP)

Use them for numerous reasons..

My fitters are terrible at keeping receipts with cards you don't need them!
Fuel is a touch cheaper (not massively as asda etc are sometimes less!)
Mainly because we travel the country we get caught out at alot of service stations and the price stays the same

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I have used a few but when sat down they were charging more than the pump price
I use Fuel Genie now but its just Tescos for me really.
If I knew of a decent card with fuel the same same price I would get a second.

The main point of a fuel card is to keep tax man happy
Or they think you are buying groceries at tescos etc
o private fuel

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've had several different ones in the past, and I agree with swiss it's cheaper to go to Tesco, if you use motorway service stations there a must have! Of course there is the debate that supermarket fuels are not as good etc, I use the local esso station same price as Tesco.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts