VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again the cost of unleaded and diesel is heading for £1.10 a litre ,but the press is unusally quiet .
Last time it hit £1 a litre lorries were protesting and the press were on it big time
I'm told another 5p in tax goes on soon which will take some garages up to £1.15 a litre which is where we was a year or so ago
I think like many others we are being ripped off ,what do you guys think is it time we got a protest together ?

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
2p a litre increase by the goverment next week,the aa reckons petrol will be £1.25 a litre for xmas
as a nation we moan about it but thats as much as we do,if it was france the lorry drivers/farmers would blockade the ports till the price came down

·
Registered
414 Posts
Crude Oil is at it's cheapest for ages. The problem is the dealers/ traders are dealing in fuels as a commodity and are pushing the retail price through the roof. Because these greedy money men and bankers have cocked everything else up some of them have turned to fuel to trade in now:* As long as they make their money it's "duck" the rest of us:*

·
Registered
790 Posts
Thing is the Govt and the petrol companies have got us by the short and curlies and they know it. People need to use their vehicles a lot, we're a combination of lazy gits and heavy commuters plus the public transport system is a joke outside of London. An all out 100% strike on purchasing would do it but then you'd just see mayhem at the forecourts in the days leading upto the strike (usually people who use a tank-full in a fortnight) brimming their tanks and whatever else they can fill, so at the end of the day the petrol companies win again.

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
they tell us what the price is and we just pay??? :confused:
we need it. we'll pay whatevever it costs. it's like a drug. and i smoke far too much Derv.
and we think we are free Rasp:

Peak oil is a scam manufactured by the oil companies to create artificial scarcity and drive up profits for transnational oil cartels. It was first originated in 1956 by Shell Oil's M. King Hubbert , who said that only one and a quarter trillion barrels of crude were left, a figure that was surpassed at the end of 2006. According to Hubbert's original calculations, the planet should already have produced its last drop.

By pushing peak oil theories and tying them in with the man-made global warming fraud , Bilderberg seeks to jack up oil prices to the point where the living standards of the middle class become unsustainable and the west is lowered into second world status while fat cat elitists reap the financial and political bounty
The general idea is that hydrocarbons are created as a byproduct of the metabolism of bacteria living inside the earth, rather than by decomposing dinosaurs

·
Registered
902 Posts
It's a disgrace! I am sick to the back teeth of being raped by the government - cost of fuel is way beyond a joke but we all sit back and take it. We should be like the French and blockade everything so the govt take notice.

Seems to me that you are better off sitting on your a:* claiming benefits all day. Or being a politician!

·
Registered
636 Posts
totally agree ..................fuel prices stink and of course fuel governs just about everything else we buy........we should be more like the french farmers and protest........ the country is just about on its last legs so its about time we all turned round and kicked them were it really hurts........ government makes me mad cos they have no b:*s and too afraid to stand up any more they just lie down to everything......good to get that off my chest :cool:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hi all,

Agree, the goverment are not doing any favours to the country whilst it's trying to recover from a global recession.

I have just visited the local petrol station and noticed that they have already added 2p to fuel and no doubt they will add another 2p next week! How can they get away with this? :bhd

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
totally agree ..................fuel prices stink and of course fuel governs just about everything else we buy........we should be more like the french farmers and protest........ the country is just about on its last legs so its about time we all turned round and kicked them were it really hurts........ government makes me mad cos they have no b:*s and too afraid to stand up any more they just lie down to everything......good to get that off my chest :cool:
100% agree with you
But the problem runs a little deeper than the government we have now

If we vote this lot of snouts in the trough hypocrites out at the next general election

Who is there to get our votes?
Yes another load of greedy pigs who like to look after their own old school buddies and private business interests first and the electorate a distinct second or may be forth

There is no party that I see who I think will put the interest of the UK before their own private interests

Only the BNP say they will do this
But deep down they are only a bunch of bullyboy nazi loving thugs who would plunge us into WW3

So if any one has a better idea How about resurrecting the Guy fawkes principal
Get a lot of their over priced petrol and blow parliament up?

I can afford the first liter of fuel for the project

LOL
Andy

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
100% agree with you
But the problem runs a little deeper than the government we have now

If we vote this lot of snouts in the trough hypocrites out at the next general election

Who is there to get our votes?
Yes another load of greedy pigs who like to look after their own old school buddies and private business interests first and the electorate a distinct second or may be forth

There is no party that I see who I think will put the interest of the UK before their own private interests

Only the BNP say they will do this
But deep down they are only a bunch of bullyboy nazi loving thugs who would plunge us into WW3

So if any one has a better idea How about resurrecting the Guy fawkes principal
Get a lot of their over priced petrol and blow parliament up?

I can afford the first liter of fuel for the project

LOL
Andy
I think you can still technically get hung for treason...If not, maybe a very long stretch inside!! but have a word with a few scottish politicians and you'll get out after a few years cos they feel sorry for you.

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
I think you can still technically get hung for treason...If not, maybe a very long stretch inside!! but have a word with a few scottish politicians and you'll get out after a few years cos they feel sorry for you.
I:he was realesed on compassionate grounds - or was it a straight swap for 30 million barrels of oil I:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts