VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi we have a T4 2000 2.5 TDI 102

Noticed a fuel leak around the fuel filter lots of repairs to the plastic pipes and the thermo valve was past its best, so have replaced the pipes to the fuel pump, and the thermo valve, seal and clip but cannot get the thing to start now the fuel does not seem to be going through the pipe to the pump and now I am doubting my connections.

Could some one confirm;

Black pipe from fuel tank goes to inlet on filter outer connection.
Clear line comes from filter middle connection and to the left hand side of fuel pump.
Blue pipe comes from right hand side of fuel pump outlet to thermo valve (thermo valve arrow pointing to tank).
Thermo valve blue pipe with bleed off goes back to tank.

I filled the filter with diesel before I started.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Hi mate.

Try running it from a bottle. Big 2l bottle half full and put the clear and blue pipe submerged in it.

Sounds like you have it right. Did you put the bolts on the pump back the same way? Checked the leak off pipes and blanks?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update got the van running but having trouble starting the fuel appears to be running back to the fuel filter so it takes a lot of cranking before it will start ... looks like I still have some air in the system too any tips on getting rid.

many thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts