VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me if there is an access point in the floor of the T4 to get to the fuel gauge sender or is drop the whole tank to get access.same here the fuel gauge reading is all over the place because of the age of the vehicle thought i would try a new sender unit

·
RIP
1,381 Posts
If you have the 'usual' problem of fluctuating temp and fuel guages it may be the PCB behind the clocks...a little search will bring up the fix, basically re-soldering something top right of the pcb, done it myself, easy.

**** found it... http://www.vwbooks.co.uk/vw_info/t4_gauges.htm ***
On Vw Books handy site.

Your fuel pump is accessably in the cab, lift the mat between the seats by the handbrake. You'll see a round panel. Then a lid kinda thing...remove that and the top of the pump is visible. The sender is on that, basically looking like the ballcock in a bog... you can fiddle/bend that. See if it does you any good. I replaced my petrol pump with one very similar from a golf an had to adjust the arm slighttly. To remove the pump you need to grab it on the top , then twist, much like a jam jar lid. (I should add that mines a petrol, I think deisels are similar.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I would bet on the PCB ....... follow the guide I have done to and had sucess every time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts