VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please excuse my ignorance but wondered if anyone might offer me a little reassurance. Our T5 2.5 LWB had start up issues, not always but enough to worry us. We took it to a garage for fuel injectors to be ‘tested’ and reconditioned which was done. We also had the flywheel done at the same time. My husband collected it and was told we’d be ok but to bring it back after our 1500 mile trip as one of the threads was a bit tricky. Half a mile down the road my husband filled up (with diesel correctly) and within a few minutes bangs, black smoke and no power. That was over 2 weeks ago, a new cylinder head later and a fuel pump they’re saying there’s still problems. I’m beginning to worry that our 200000 mile van is giving up the ghost. It had a brand new conversion (beautiful and professional Leisure drive) 7000 miles ago and I’m wondering if the van was up to it mechanically. We’ve had a few long trips in and no problem. Is this what happens sometimes, I’m not new to VWs ie old T4, stolen T5 and VW Tiguan. Pricey to fix but … well it’s a VW. Perhaps silly question but am in anxiety mode 😊Thanks anyone

1 - 1 of 1 Posts