VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was just wondeting for future, how many miles roughly will you get out when the fuel light comes on?

i have a 2.5tdi 102bhp

Thanks

Coggs

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Should be about 50 mate.
But don't take that as gospel.
My light had only just come on, when I had to brake heavily and subsequently ran out.:eek:

·
Registered
53 Posts
As their may be difference in each vehicle, let the yellow light come on, fill up.
Then subtract the amount you put in from the tanks capacity (80Lts) and their you have it if you know roughly how many it's doing to the gall/lts

·
Banned
10,255 Posts
As their may be difference in each vehicle, let the yellow light come on, fill up.
Then subtract the amount you put in from the tanks capacity (80Lts) and their you have it if you know roughly how many it's doing to the gall/lts
Good point but what do you do if you subtract a 'C' from Macclesfield ? You get a Maclesfield I:

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I know it's 11 Litres, as I checked when running low on the way back from Wales last month. It should be good for 70 + miles, but Iwouldn't risk more than 30. Running out of diesel doesn't do your engine a lot of good & it probably won't help your heart as the brakes will fail without the servo.

Al.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i dont believe i actually have a fuel light, or at least its never come on and i run it well into the bottom of the red. does a 98 T4 have a light? is mine bust?

·
Registered
242 Posts
dont know but i know you get more miles to the gallon if you can get the densil into the engine and not on the road ... think i got a leak somewhere

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hello Everyone. My last T4 had the fuel light come on when there was about 10 litres left in the tank. When I got my newer T4 in March I thought I would check the fuel light was working. As usual I checked my mileage to roughly gauge how much fuel was used, I do not normaly let my tank get this low. I decided to fill up before the needle got to the red mark and before the fuel light came on, so not sure if the light works or not. Now strange thing is that I managed to get 77 litres in my tank. :*

I gues there was not much left in my 80 litre tank, unless VW sneaked in a larger fuel tank, not to likely. Does anyone know what fuse number the fuel light is ?

John.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hmmm. Ours splutters and stops almost as soon as it hits the red marks on the fuel gauge. I've never gone low enough to see a light! Maybe that's another thing to sort!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts