VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Noticed my fuel flap half open last week but didn't take much notice. Went out last weekend and brimmed it with diesel and noticed that the fuel cap didn't lock. Odd I thought so got back and think must fix that, never had any problem with fuel theft round here.

Anyway Wednesday, go out to have a go at fixing the cap and check the fuel level, right up at the top. OK I thought. Pulled it to bits and had a look. Needs a plastic bit. Put it back together, go out again today, fuel level on 3/4.

Someones had it away, I thought these things had anti-syphon? I'll order a new cap but how are they doing that without drilling the tank?

How can I stop this happening apart from only put the fuel in I need to use?

Propper p****d.

Any suggestions apart from violence?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Not sure about the antisyphon might be a bit old, not sure tho, but surely if your fuel has been stolen wouldn't they of taken lot more if not all of it.

Sent from my I3312 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably a neighbour, taking a gallon at a time so you might not notice.
Yes this is what I'm thinking. Fill a jerry can every now and again. Always something isn't it. If they were serious they'd have just drilled the tank and had the lot. I recon they've had 15 litres or so.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
I would be considering CCTV to catch them at it, you should not be subsidising anyone else's driving. Can you not park next to wall to make it more awkward?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts