VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my exhaust is on the way out so I think a may decat at the same time. Can anybody recommend the best place to get the full system from? Also does it matter that it's left hand drive??
Many thanks..

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Have a look at t4sRus and a few other companies like PPtuning. They sell absorbs buddy. Not sure if the left or right hand drive makes a massive difference but they'd tell you if they need to know. Engine size will be required I'm guessing as the bore sizes maybe different. Give the guys a call and I'm sure they'd talk you through any details you need mate.T:

·
Registered
356 Posts
stainless d cat on mine ,and side exit £160.00 from powerflow 3 yrs ago ,sound is very nice ,not to loud ,and gives a bit more punch:D and life time warranty

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Not a bad price that mate. I'd get a side exit but I don't want to get crushed on the van when I lower it to the deck (with the air ride). Got a few ideas for the van and speaking to PPt reference it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
nar m8 had my cill profesionaly notched i am like your self obsessed about low ,been also in touch with j about bags ,love your vid m8 ,been wanting to see t4 on dec for ages ,if you talk to j he is just to put some water pump grips on your arches LOL: he tell you all about it ,like to think i am one of is next custermer after you:D ive allready got air on rear ,waiting now for yours to be finished

·
KDF Necro Ambulist
122 Posts
nar m8 had my cill profesionaly notched i am like your self obsessed about low ,been also in touch with j about bags ,love your vid m8 ,been wanting to see t4 on dec for ages ,if you talk to j he is just to put some water pump grips on your arches LOL: he tell you all about it ,like to think i am one of is next custermer after you:D ive allready got air on rear ,waiting now for yours to be finished
Seen alot about this chassis notch, can I ask what it is and why it's needed??

Actually I'd better start a new one so's not to high jack the thread haddnt I T:

·
Registered
356 Posts
hi t4 velle i know we hijacking thread here sorry folks ,no m8 you miss read it ,this time the cill been notched to allow exhaust pipe to fit flush with cill ,plus being a brager hear ive also had chassis notch to allow bump stop clearance when traveling lowI:

·
Pedal box guru
2,616 Posts
i heard if you van has a cat and u decat it come mot time you have to have a cat on it or it wont pass is this true :)

Hi,

This may at sometime in the future become a failure issue, any van with a decat at present and until the new PROPOSED rule change is instigated will pass an mot as the test is for particles not noxious gasses! So don't worry, stay calm and carry on! There will be ways around it!:eek: :D T:;)

Cheers Trev.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Hi,

This may at sometime in the future become a failure issue, any van with a decat at present and until the new PROPOSED rule change is instigated will pass an mot as the test is for particles not noxious gasses! So don't worry, stay calm and carry on! There will be ways around it!:eek: :D T:;)

Cheers Trev.
You could say this about anything thou
also 2012 rules are not proposed there here and for the first 3 months there advisories and there after they will be fails
but diesel cats aint one of them.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
You could say this about anything thou
also 2012 rules are not proposed there here and for the first 3 months there advisories and there after they will be fails
but diesel cats aint one of them.
Ah well that clears up the new proposed mot issues then.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Haha agreed mate. Well if your following after me then it can't be a bad thing. Nothing like starting a trend is there.............
You'll have to PM me some pictures of this notching mate?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well thank you very much people for all your help again.. It a pleasure reading all the feedback..
Pp tuning it is..T:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts