VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cool, not cool?

Currently have rear window and standard side ones, but what does everyone think of rear rear windows?

Also are they useful for passengers?

Opinions welcome.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi pettman we v recently bought a 09 panel van converted and only have side windows in sliding door and opposite side we will be getting more windows cut in on passenger side of van at rear as my two young children can't see out enough and considering even barn door windows to allow more like in for the kids so my oppion is there cool T: cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello mate, I have full side and rear windows and am very happy with them, we get lots of light when travelling and the kids love looking out, I personally don't like just one side window as the aftermarket windows don't sit flush, I have rear windows too so I can see who is up my backside when driving and parking is easier......just my own opinion ... Hope it helps
Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
we had windows all round when we converted ours, very hard to see in but plenty of light in the van.....

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have windows all the way round on my T5 that I picked up a fortnight ago. I thought it was great and harks back to the old Bays and Splits - love it.

However I had a bit of panic when I realised that EVERYTHING I left in the boot would be visible to anyone strolling past. I went out and got the rear five windows (inc tailgate) limo tinted. I bought a black double bed sheet t

I'm undecided if I would get windows all round again. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll let you know!

PS As Leevfr mentioned one window per side doesn't sit flush but you can always put dummy glass on to make it look smooth.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have windows all the way round on my T5 that I picked up a fortnight ago. I thought it was great and harks back to the old Bays and Splits - love it.

However I had a bit of panic when I realised that EVERYTHING I left in the boot would be visible to anyone strolling past. I went out and got the rear five windows (inc tailgate) limo tinted. I bought a black double bed sheet t

I'm undecided if I would get windows all round again. Give me a couple of weeks and I'll let you know!

PS As Leevfr mentioned one window per side doesn't sit flush but you can always put dummy glass on to make it look smooth.
I have limo tint rear windows and side windows at the moment, so would get them in the same

Personally I think the t5s look much better with a full set of windows .much less van like.
Thats what i am thinking...

we had windows all round when we converted ours, very hard to see in but plenty of light in the van.....

Very nice T:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts