VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Do all T4s smell really sooty & fumey cos mine does?? I cant smell it when driving along cos of the airflow but when at a stand on tickover it really hums. If I get out when its on tickover its really smelly. I used to have an 06 work Nissan Primastar & it was almost odourless. I regularly put in the redex injecter cleaner. Ive blanked the EGR too. There is no smoke though? 52plate 2.5td1 88

Do we all smell or is it just me I:

Cheers,

Warren

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Possibly a dumb ass reply (it wouldnt be the 1st today I:) but you have got the pollen filter in place havent you ;)

Mine was without one and it used to hum a tad.....all good now though :ILU:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iya Chris,

Yep the pollen filter is in place with its cover on. I dont know what these filters look like when they're fuggered but mine looks clean enough. Im more concerned that the van wiffs in the first place really. I mainly do short trips around town so just wonderin if it needs a long trip which would be rather handy as ya know where I am in a few days (Aggies pies in hand H: ).

Ta,

Warren

·
Registered
728 Posts
check your exhuast too mine had a hole near cat couldnt tell it was blowing noise wise but of course fumes was coming out right under where you sit worth a lookT:

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Maybe a good blast down to Banditland would help T:

He's like a dog in heat knowin more pies are on the way I::D

Safe journey down T:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fair point mate,

Mi zorst is stock & fairly shot. Surely all the guys who decat would have the wiff full time tho?

Ill check it tomoz.

Ta,

Warren

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blimey. Im expectin a salavatin T4 owner bangin on mi windows shoutin " Gimmi PIES! PIES!" LOL:

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
Does your temp gauge sit right in the middle and stay there with engine warm ? There is a temp sensor ( well two actually) which can play up, it cons the fuel pump into thinking the motor is colder than it is, and causes a bit more fuel to flow, that solved mine. Worth making sure your fuel pump timing is bang on though first.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I also get that 'sooty' taste especially if I gun it. Having my back box and cat removed tomorrow so hopefully this could stop it. If you do find out it's summat else do let me know.... to thinbk i bloody stopped smoking too!
Gary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts