VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here the problem im hopeing some can help mw with....

Its the good old glow plug circuit on a '95 Seat Toledo 1.9 tdi ahu bought for a transplant into an abl Velle

Im not getting power to the No18 fuse on the panel to power the glow plug relay (4 pin, 103,)

The 80 amp fuse is sound and I have the coolent sendor disconnected

The engine cranks ok, will fire if hot or if direct power is fed from the battery and runs fine once warm.

The glow indicator lamp on the dash lights up on crank,

and the 190 relay is clicking, as is the shut off solonoid on the pump.

I have the 4 pin connector block off the back of the ignition switch.(2x red 1x black and 1x black/yellow......)

and not too sure what to be looking for next...

the ecu is a bosh 028904021fn with a 2x2 socket in the dash. I dont have a vagcom scanner and have tried pressing the accelator pedal 5 times in 5 secs but no obd codes flashing. Cant find any info on bridging this ecu and sure dont want to blow it, not even sure if this ecu stores codes....

so all in all a little stuck...any help would be greatfully accepted...

Seasons greetings all, Dave

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
The most common thing I have found to cause this is the connectors that receive the glow plug relay burn away or become loose. Remove the relay outer case and put it back in to the board. Then check for power on both sides of the relay contacts when energised.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.