VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

This has probably been asked many times before but can somebody point me in the direction of where I can find the fuse box layout for my 06 reg T5. I have just bought a shuttle and the passenger electric window and mirror are not working so I thought I would start with checking the fuse before continuing my search to the wiring and switches.

I would appreciate any advice

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Info for the cab fuse box should be on a plastic card in the cover to the fuse box.

BUT there are at least three fuse boxes...

1. In the lower centre of the dash.
  2. One in the front edge of the cover below the battery.
  3. Another in the 'E' box which is under the cover below the battery mounting plate.

*** However I think you may find that the fuse for the windows is combined (both sides) and is a 30Amp one mounted on a relay carrier located, to quote ELSAWIN
Under dash panel, centre (under the fuses)
Pos. - Connector/designation nominal value
A - S303 - Special vehicle fuse 13¹) 40 A
B - S37-Window regulator single fuse - 30 A
C - S41-Heated rear window fuse - 40 A

Rod

·
Registered
407 Posts
Sorry to drag this up but I have exactly the same problem....I doubt the original poster is around anymore as this was his 1 and only post. I wish people would post up an answer to their problems so other may benefit......I: Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Either looking for a solution or how to get into the fuse carrier.....

Cheers for any help. ...:ILU:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Hi 'Clumsy', please come back with a bit more detail on exactly what you are looking for and on exactly what vehicle (there are so many variations and changes that is vital) and I will see what help I can be.

Rod.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi, yes sorry mate but this problem is beginning to bug me now.:(......I have an 04 Caravelle but the passenger electric window and mirror has stopped working. i managed to briefly get them going but they've stopped again. There are several possibilities and it seems to be a rareish problem. I've used the search facility many times and a couple have posted with the same problem and got advice but no-one closes out the post with what the problem actaually was which is a tad frustrating!!...I:

Any help would be much appreciated......T:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Hi Mate, sorry to be pedantic but the exact model & its spec are essential to supply the correct wiring diagram. If you can find the vehicle data sheet, either stuck in the front of the service book or the second copy under the dash right side it will have a number something like 7HJ 111 amongst all the other specification data let me know that. Also let me know if the vehicle has central locking, fold in mirrors, alarm etc. You can email me direct at [email protected] if you like and I will see what I can dig out.

Rod

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all,

I have had exactly the same problem and the VW handbook is useless when it comes to defining what each fuse does. I found two good fuse layout diagrams on google. (that's for the fuse box in the cab under the radio/gear stick.)

If anyone wants the diagram, then send an Email to [email protected] When emailing, please make it clear and I'll send it as soon as possible.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi Mate, sorry to be pedantic but the exact model & its spec are essential to supply the correct wiring diagram. If you can find the vehicle data sheet, either stuck in the front of the service book or the second copy under the dash right side it will have a number something like 7HJ 111 amongst all the other specification data let me know that. Also let me know if the vehicle has central locking, fold in mirrors, alarm etc. You can email me direct at [email protected] if you like and I will see what I can dig out.

Rod
Hi thanks for that, I'll email you direct if thats ok....many thanks for any help you can give.....A:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hello all,

I have had exactly the same problem and the VW handbook is useless when it comes to defining what each fuse does. I found two good fuse layout diagrams on google. (that's for the fuse box in the cab under the radio/gear stick.)

If anyone wants the diagram, then send an Email to [email protected] When emailing, please make it clear and I'll send it as soon as possible.
Hi, as above many thanks for any help.....did you manage to fix your problem? if so, what did it turn out to be?.....:ILU:

·
Registered
7 Posts
No I have managed to fix the passenger window. It's majorly bugging me tho.

I can put the passenger window up and down perfectly from the drivers side. Now the passenger heated wing mirror works and folds as i should. Some on the has said check the contacts but the contacts are fine. I have also bought a brand new switch and it still didn't work. :(

So the motor must be fine otherwise the window would work at all. I am wondering whether there are 2 regulators??? I won't know unless I take the door card off.

I am wonderimg whether someone can shed some light on the situation before I operate on the old girl and she end's up in 10.000 piece.

As advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.