VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Hoping someone can help me! I have a 2014 (64 plate) T5.1 and noticed none of the brake lights are coming on. There is also a little amber bulb warning light on the dash that has appeared at same time - do you think this could be the fuse gone? I cannot find which fuse it is

much appreciated if anyone has any advice

·
Special Rapporteur
8,750 Posts
It seems unlikely, but have you checked to see if both lamp filaments have blown?

Assuming not, the situation is complicated by the fact that the brake light circuit passes through the main Body Control Module, which in itself has multiple fuses covering its inputs. I would start by checking fuse SB36. If that is Ok, I suggest you have the system scanned for fault codes - that may for example throw up a fault which indicates a partial failure of the brake light switch.

·
Special Rapporteur
8,750 Posts
No, the fuse box in front of the battery is SD.

SB is the upper fuse bank in the centre of the dash, and SC is the lower bank.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m looking for a little help on fuse locations, my reverse lights have stopped working.

I’ve checked both bulbs which are in working order. There is also no amber warning/bulb light on the dash.

The van is a 2014 5.1 startline.

Thanks in advance if anyone’s able to shed some light.

·
Special Rapporteur
8,750 Posts
I'm not sure whether this applies to later facelifts, but generally the supply to the reverse light switch should be a SD15 - typically fused at 10A.

But quite often the fault will be with the switch itself (because it's the only moving part in the circuit) so if SD15 is good I'd check the switch for correct operation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not sure whether this applies to later facelifts, but generally the supply to the reverse light switch should be a SD15 - typically fused at 10A.

But quite often the fault will be with the switch itself (because it's the only moving part in the circuit) so if SD15 is good I'd check the switch for correct operation.
Thank you very much for that info, I’ve checked the fuses and if seems like the switch will be the likely culprit.

I’ll have a look around the gearbox and see if I can find the switch.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts