VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I forgot to take a pic of it fitted incorrectly but I'm sure that I'm not the only one who didn't refit them properly. This pic as it should be.

For anyone frustrated with the gap narrower at the top where the door panel meets the dash, this is because of a (yet another) slightly stupid design of the plastic tabs/channel at the top of the door card to hold it in place on the top of the door. Incidentally, while you have the door card off take the oppotunity to clean out the groove on the door which will most likely be full of crud and dirt. It's only the raised curvy bit nearest the dash that doesn't get fit back properly. The trick to getting this bit back on right is (this will be extremely awkward) while that end is slightly raised jam your head into a position where you can see behind it. You will see the offending plastic tab. You will need a small or medium flat blade screwdriver to press/hook that tab over the groove on the door and then seat the door card into position. This can be darned tricky on models with air vents in the panel as the stupid plastic duct wants to pop off the door card as you distort the panel whilst trying to get it back on properly! Patience is required but you'll be rewarded with a door card that doesn't annoy you every time you look at it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts