VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for GAP insurance providers? Anything to look out for when purchasing the policy? Thanks.

·
Registered
892 Posts
don't go with VAG - expensive.

I think mine is with surf and protect or something like that. Was well reviewed by which etc when I took it out two years ago.

·
Registered
37 Posts
A lot of online companies aren't governed by the FSA and do not offer the correct cover... Always be aware as everything cheapest isn't always best!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Been looking at shortfall.co.uk - prices are very good and they are listed/governed by the FCA - any feedback on them?

·
Registered
217 Posts
don't go with VAG - expensive.

I think mine is with surf and protect or something like that. Was well reviewed by which etc when I took it out two years ago.
I took out the VAG insurance £399 for 4 years

·
Registered
3 Posts
A lot of online companies aren't governed by the FSA and do not offer the correct cover... Always be aware as everything cheapest isn't always best!
Like who? I have looked at a few and all of them are registered with the FCA (changed from the FSA), and they just seem to be a lot cheaper than the dealer. Could not find one that was not, and if there was I am sure the FCA would clamp down on them.

According to Which? and Defaqto actually the online providers are often much better policies as well as a silly amount cheaper

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been looking at shortfall.co.uk - prices are very good and they are listed/governed by the FCA - any feedback on them?
They are listed on the Which? comparison, as well as a number of other online companies. I would guess Which? would check any company before they list them on their website

1 - 8 of 8 Posts