VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
previously known as passattdi
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just bought a satnav for my trip to France, I want to go on a certain route and have put in where I want to go.

The problem is that I don't know which route it has picked and I'd like to go on a specific route, every time I try to add a via point it wants an address even if I just want to drive past these towns/cities on my way south.

I'm close to launching the bloody thing out the window or taking it back to the shop, I need some help please.

Thank You

Alex
passattdi

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
My dad got a garmin for going to france towing a caravan last yeare, couldn,t use it at all, got lost on the campsite asked a few people with satnavs to sort it out no one could, took it to halfords manager couldn,t do it so good enough got a full refund , has just bought a tomtom european 100% better, i,ve had a tomtom one for years its brilliant.

·
Registered
471 Posts
i live in france, all my english friends with sat navs say dont tell me how to get there i got the sat nav. what all sat navs dont do in france is find the villages, all departmental areas are brooken down to communes, they find the communal village ok, but not another village in the commune. i am sending out search parties regularly here!

we have a new garmin, dont like it, still use my ancient garmin gps 3 plus, which i program direct from the pc, it never gets it wrong, only as good as the programmer!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts