VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello

In the throws of selling my van and was wondering what I need to do legally about a gas certificate. The hob and sink was fitted professionally by a coach builer converter. But I fitted the propex heater. I know it's fine and I've fitted a carbon monoxide alarm to make 100% sure. But I would hate to sell the van and then something awfull happen to the new purchaser. Any ideas of where do I stand ? Could I just sell the van and get the new puchaser to sign a form saying that the gas fittings are sold untested ? Your opinions are most welcome.

Thanks

·
Registered
879 Posts
hello

In the throws of selling my van and was wondering what I need to do legally about a gas certificate. The hob and sink was fitted professionally by a coach builer converter. But I fitted the propex heater. I know it's fine and I've fitted a carbon monoxide alarm to make 100% sure. But I would hate to sell the van and then something awfull happen to the new purchaser. Any ideas of where do I stand ? Could I just sell the van and get the new puchaser to sign a form saying that the gas fittings are sold untested ? Your opinions are most welcome.

Thanks
howdoo, get yourself a lpg gas fitter to test it and sign the install off, shiould cost bout £50 squid, its worth it for peace of mind, have a look in your local yellow pages at the gas safe plumbers adds and look for an lpg sign on thier advert, im a natural gas fitter, but you must have lpg to pass it off. its a bit of a grey area lpg in conversion vans, butgas kills people, i'd cover my backside ..

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I will do that. I've just had a new boiler fitted in the house and I tried to get the plumber to sign off the van as a bit of an extra job and he said he couldn't. He said about needing an LPG certificate and I didnt believe him. From what you say it sounds like he was telling the truth. I will have a look for an LPG one and get it done for the new buyer when I sell the van. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts