VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m contemplating having a gas locker suitable for housing a 4.5kg calor bottle but I’ve not seen any for sale. I’ve only seen the smaller camping gaz versions. Anyone seen any suitable for a 4.5kg calor?

If not, I might look at getting one made. The dimensions of the bottle are shown as 340mm high and 240mm diameter. Does anyone know what extra space is required for fixing a regulator, pipe/hose and straps to hols the bottle? I’m assuming 350mm high will be fine for the height of the locker but not sure of the width and depth. Ideally I’d like the width kept as tight as possible and put some room in the depth for the fittings.

Thanks for any help T:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Camping gaz is a popular choice as its all over Europe and our box size is 250/250 by 320 keeping it about as small as possible however our new one for the calor 4.5 will be out on the market in just over a couple weeks time along with the "Gaz Duo"

·
Banned
155 Posts
gas locker size w260 x d270 x h350 NEW............................................... .................

Looking for £75.oo posted fist class recorded payment will have to be via pay-pal

you can p/m he if your intrested Thank

·
Registered
3 Posts
gas locker size w260 x d270 x h350 NEW............................................... .................

Looking for £75.oo posted fist class recorded payment will have to be via pay-pal

you can p/m he if your intrested Thank
Hi is the locker still for sale tried to pm you but wouldn't let me for some reason thanks simon

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi.
I'm sure I read somewhere that the bottom edge on the door side had to have a lip of atleast 50mm from the bottom of the locker to the openeing for the door??
Dunno if this is right but Ive been trying to get my head around gas installs. My T4 came with a camping Gaz bottle but its certainly not in a sealed enclosure. Its got a drop-out in the bottom though which is something.
I've tried a 4.5kg Calorgas bottle in the same space and It will just fit, I just need to raise it up about an inch so it doesnt foul on the wheel arch. Then its a matter of sealing the enclosure in the bottom of the cupboard to make it safe from gas leaking into the cabin in the event of a leak...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts