VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my insurance has said that i need to give them a gas safety cet but i am having big problems trying to find someone that can do it !!! have any of you had problems if so what did you do. also what did you have in and get passed???

·
Formerly known as boscombesurfer
1,315 Posts
Most motorhomes dealerships can do this for you, we do a habitation certificate for £99 should find one nearby

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we have a large converter here but they stopped doing builds as the parts sales took over. they used to get a man in to gas check but he has since stopped. i am having real problem finding anyone that is "lpg mobile" i think it is

·
Registered
482 Posts
Now mate how are you. If you get stuck i can give you a number hes from mabo so you may have to go to him but he will pressure test it for you and give you a cert. Just remeber though mate once the van moves that certificate is only as good as the paper its written on so make sure you you keep having it checked on a regular basis.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive only found one person round here that thinks they may be able to do it but isnt sure if they are covered for it. im not worried its only the insurance co that are insisting on it but i need it soon now they want it last week lol. think i may need the number mate T:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi,
Try google caravan service grimsby, most caravan repair and servicers should be able to do it, have you tried john coopers in scun thorpe.T:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi , Im a gas engineer with the gas emergency service , gas board , you might be able to find someone through the gas safe website , a lot of guys wont put their name to something they havent fitted themself though , you will need a certificate with his name and gas safe rgister number probably .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts