VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after much waiting, and then . . . a bit more waiting the have turned up.
Just had a quick look and all seems ok, a few light marks here and there and a few damaged stickers on the shocks, which is slightly disapointing; but they wont be seen once fitted, so all in all the product itself looks very good.

These shall be going on my T32 camper, and Im planning on around a 60mm drop.

A quick questions for you guys that have them already.

- What is your prefered damper setting, as there seem to be 30 positions to choose from? I would like to have a ball park setting, from which I can fine tune to my likeing.

Cheers T:

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have my fronts set at around 12 clicks from softest, and rears at about 20 (I believe).. The other thing that I have done, is that on the fronts I put the factory damper protector (the concertina plastic thingy) inside the Gaz coilover spring.. It is a snug fit at the top, and I had to cut sround 3 corrugations off the bottom to make it fit in length.
I thought it best to keep all that road grime off my New Gaz damper...

Unfortunately I didn't take any piccies when I did it, but fell free to PM me if you don't understand, and I'll send you my Mobile number..

I changed these (on a new 5.1) with out the need to have new Drop-links etc... but... If youre van has done a few miles, these might be problematic..

The rears are a piece of cake, although you will need a file to remove the little nodules of 'weld' before the rear 'seat' will go on..

Good luck

Jules...

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response Rossi, ill keep them settings in mind.
Also the gaitor idea is a good one I shall do something similar on mine. T:

Any One else got any prefrence to there ideal settings?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts