VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

geabox additive.

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  hoverjon 
#1 ·
hi

the guy at my local garage recons a geabox additive and a change of oil if the best thing for winning box, and crunch into second with gearbox cold.

has anyone used molyslip or such like in thier gearbox?

#7 ·

hi mate forgot to mention i had a citreon zs with the 1.9 pug engine/gear box,,bought it with 36k on clock & got rid with over 200k on clock & that had a whine in 2nd & 3rd all those miles of owning it never got any worse & the T4 1.9TD we have as a slight 2nd & 3rd whine but it doesnt leak/jump out of gear or crunch so sometimes its one of those things you"ve to live with Ive just used one of those small tubes of moly slip & it seemed to make the gears select abit betterT:
from what ive used in the past i would recommend slick50 treatment but it seems expensive for the amount you getT::)

#8 ·
thanks for the replies

the guy on ebay sent me two seperate packages of molyslip :) so i'm gona run the new oil for 10,000 miles then change again. with the state of the old oil, doubt it had been changed.

a little tip i picked up from a van expert, is to overfill the box a little:) in my manual it states the oil should be 10mm below the fill level 2.5 ltrs. i have put in 3ltrs and its on the fill line, runs fine.

as the gearbox is splash fed, its supposed to help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.