VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys
ive recently fitted a side exit exhaust "Half the Weight" i modded it right from the flange,,i used new flange gasket & C clips exhaust doesnt doesnt move about all over the place

Eg when you grab it & man handle it its just how any other exhaust ive seen/fitted as been,,but theres a squeek thats driving me mad now when i let off/on the gas,,,its clearly coming from the flange area,,,as above says how much movement should there be in the gearbox mounts???
the one in the engine bay as abit of backwards/forwards movement but the bottom mount Eg one that bolts to the cross member as "what I think" quite abit & if i put a decent sized snapon bladed screw driver in for leverage as ya do i can make this bugging squeek happen i"d say that mount needs replacing:dunno: i just wanted to see if anyone here as had a similer problem,,thanks for any replies peepsT::)

1.9TD abl

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
if you find it is that mount theres a place in castleford does them for 32 quid i was quoted almos 100 at vw :eek:

pm me if you need the details or look up t4 gearbox on the bay

andy

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you find it is that mount theres a place in castleford does them for 32 quid i was quoted almos 100 at vw :eek:

pm me if you need the details or look up t4 gearbox on the bay

andy

thanks for thatT:,,some prices just get plucked out the air i reckon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts