VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks what is a direct fit that looks nice?? My leather one is now looking a bit tired trying to keep it oem look if possible, I know some have fitted Audi TT ones but the ones I see on ebay look pretty scratched up, so let me know please

Registered
Track down Lee Prior (might still have his dubbitz page) on Facebook. He does some really nice TT type ones for about 45 quid. Few different designs too... been using one for years now.

Premium Member
Was looking at mine again yesterday trying to figure out how best to machine it and what to use to re-attach securely to the existing shaft. Basil has solved all this and gets the adapters machined hence the price tag, not to mention materials and labour.

Wood Handwriting Gas Auto part Font

Am tempted to just buy one as I feel by the time I've finished it'll cost me more than 拢90 in labour alone... @Soundz knows all about that 馃檴

Registered
Was looking at mine again yesterday trying to figure out how best to machine it and what to use to re-attach securely to the existing shaft. Basil has solved all this and gets the adapters machined hence the price tag, not to mention materials and labour.

View attachment 198103

Am tempted to just buy one as I feel by the time I've finished it'll cost me more than 拢90 in labour alone... @Soundz knows all about that 馃檴

Pete .I'm slightly concerned here, to some eye's the above image might render nob confusion( said as politely as poss) :ROFLMAO:.:eek:... one see's what one see's I guess.

Being slightly more serious bro ( am I ever:D:p) how does one qualify a unique hand made design against money ...........see whist we can't beat the craft and expertise of the nob maker in question, in pound notes...................one will always know someone else made it and there fore someone else has one the same.... how does one stick a price on that ?

Not in anyway do I think I am on the right path mate, frankly what i'm doing is insanity but maybe life is more about the journey than the result? Me I took the cheep 拢2.50 upgrade
for the mo....that's not to say more hasn't been pondered, tis just there's other stuff I need to do right now:)

Soooooo,
unless one has a lathe and a skillset one isn't going to match Basil's work, in a viable monetary sense.mind that don't mean ya shouldn't try !!

Oh kiddo as an aside.......I've taken to leaving random silly slaying messages for you around the place in the hope you'll find 'em and giggle I don't really do stuff behind folks backs in the real world mate............... so thought it appropriate to make ya aware an all

go make one Pete sod the 90 notes:D

Registered
Now I can honestly say I've never paid much attention to another mans knob, but I'd say you'd need a hole through the middle of yours Pete so that you can screw it on 馃槼. I'm assuming that what the other guy does is fix a screw thread into the underside instead - ie. top half is reverse thread so screw into the underside of your knob so that it doesn't come off when you screw your knob on to your gear lever. Should be pretty easy to do that - especially for a man of your carpentry skills!

Watching with interest as Pete goes trawling through all the latest threads to discover how much he's been trolled! 馃槀馃槈

1 - 20 of 76 Posts