VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. So I have an automatic T4 and discovered after taking the gear lever out and the cover off that shows the gear selected that the well underneath was full of water. I had the van valeted in the summer and have since discovered the Valeter jet washed the carpet (I’m fuming) and I think that filled the well up with water.

I’ve drained all the water out but as a result the metal frame that bolts to the floor and then the plastic gear lever cover screws in to has rotted. Does anyone have any idea what this part is so I can search for a replacement please?

Thanks.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'd say that's been rotting for years mate. I'd get a wire wheel on it, then treat with rust killer & then paint it.
The chances are VW won't have one now, but it's called a frame. part number 702 713 631 .
Your second option is obviously a scrap yard or somebody breaking one, but the chances are that may need work too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd say that's been rotting for years mate. I'd get a wire wheel on it, then treat with rust killer & then paint it.
The chances are VW won't have one now, but it's called a frame. part number 702 713 631 .
Your second option is obviously a scrap yard or somebody breaking one, but the chances are that may need work too.
Thanks for the advice. The actual part of the frame that sticks and take the screws from the gear lever housing has rotted through and come clean off. I’ll give it a clean up as you suggest and paint and see if I can figure out another giving for the housing. Thanks for the knowledge share. 👍🏻

1 - 3 of 3 Posts