VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...sorry to ask a question Im sure has been asked thousand times but Its just easier to ask directly.
Im looking to buy a gear stick extension but want to make sure I get one that fits perfectly and does what it says on the box.
Thinking I probably need a angled one ?
Anyway...any advice on where to get a good one will be very much appreciated.
Thank you
Daniel

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Got an Autobeds one from their eBay store, really well made and a nice tight fit for the knob.

·
Registered
45 Posts

This is mine, 8" extension with iron cross gear knob,

Custom made to what I wanted, for a reasonable price

Member off here called j-Kay made it and posted it too me, short notice too as I needed it in a hurry!!

Top bloke!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I went for angled, got it off ebay.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i made one for my van, found a bolt and welded a gearstick out of a polo as the extention...

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry everybody..I seem to have a habit or forgetting threads I start.
Thank you all for your advise...Im going to go for the bent one I think as I had a feeling id catch my knuckles on dash anyway.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the links,Ive just ordered the Autobeds one.I hope its ok as the other two Ive been sent (not Autobeds)were useless:mad:
Let us know what its like mate can you please ...I dont want to order anything less than a solid extension...Something you can just forget is on there ya know.
Thanks
Daniel

·
Registered
717 Posts
I've got a bluebird customs curved one, top notch , the biggest thing about these is they have a grub screw to loc T:k it into your best position, no guessing or messing about with ptfe tape T:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I got a cheap angled one off ebay. It came with an 8 ball gear knob too. Only problem is its angled the wrong way!! Doesnt matter what i do i cant get it tight and pointing in the direction, so its constantly angled away from me making it almost as bad as not having an extension at all. Gonna get a straight one next.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I got a cheap angled one off ebay. It came with an 8 ball gear knob too. Only problem is its angled the wrong way!! Doesnt matter what i do i cant get it tight and pointing in the direction, so its constantly angled away from me making it almost as bad as not having an extension at all. Gonna get a straight one next.
Take it off and wind a nut down the thread before the extension, you can then tighten the nut up against the base of the extension to keep it in place.

Al

1 - 20 of 31 Posts