VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gearbox is whining in 4 and 5 mainly its getting worse , and looking at the cost of a rebuild its crazy money , its a 2.5 o2b ewb code i would like to up the ratios as bit and wondered if anyone had a box for sale ? can i swap the inner workings with an o2g ?? or can i use the clutch and flywheel form theo2b if i fit an o2g ? thanks chaps

·
Registered
795 Posts
The ewb box has the highest ratios fitted to a t4 02b box, you can fit a higher 5th gear but you will struggle to any higher ratios for the other gears. You could fit a complete 02g box which is stronger and has better ratios but none of the parts are interchangeable between the two different boxes.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks muggsy , its not a stright swap for the 02g though is it ? just i need my van sorting and dont have time for it to be off the road long , i dont have time to do the job tbh ,and if i swap with an 02g i wouldnt want to put a second hand box in. so would be costly job.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my old one is needing bearing doing mate , i may get it done yet not sure which route to go yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts