VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just just had a recon gearbox fitted, my old gearbox used to make a clunk when changing gear particularly between 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd, not a crashing of gears but just a clunk and you could feel it via the shifter as it went into gear,. Clutch wasn't dragging, I tested that....now I have a recon box just fitted and it has a similar clunk, in all other ways it is perfect, if you take more time over this change, like a couple of seconds there is no clunk, if this just a feature of these boxes do other have this? mine is a type 02G on a ACV 2.5 tdi engine 1998

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you might be right, coz I get like a squeaking noise if I lift off the gas as well, I am taking down to a VW dealer in Charleroi next week to get the gear linkage changed, I will try in the interantional language of sign to get them to look at and change any worn/broken mounts too T:

·
Registered
223 Posts
you might be right, coz I get like a squeaking noise if I lift off the gas as well, I am taking down to a VW dealer in Charleroi next week to get the gear linkage changed, I will try in the interantional language of sign to get them to look at and change any worn/broken mounts too T:
Hey, I'd also be interested in the outcome of this as I have the same symptoms. Was going to check the oil level, but with a perfectly clean box I can't see how it would have dropped any. Hope to hear from you soon :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it's the syncho to be honest, this is newly fitted recon box and it seems no better than the old one, well a tiny bit better but not worth the 920 euro is cost me (note: never get a recon box from Poland! T:)

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I think it's the syncho to be honest, this is newly fitted recon box and it seems no better than the old one, well a tiny bit better but not worth the 920 euro is cost me (note: never get a recon box from Poland! T:)
:eek::eek::eek:OUCH !!!!!!!

I hope it's not having spent tht much ???????????
Are you absolutely sure its mot mounting related?????????????

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am not entirely convinced, I was going to get it to a VW agent to get he gear change linkage changed, but this morning it has broken down again! :bhd

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
I had a problem with my gear box for a while ,after driving for a hour or so the gear box would grind or clunk from first to second only , had to wait for revs to idle to change gears. People were saying syncro had gone,before i went down that road i changed gear box oil and guess what perfect gear box! £20 for oil. well happy. 2007 T5 60000 MILES

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,742 Posts
Hi all,
I had a problem with my gear box for a while ,after driving for a hour or so the gear box would grind or clunk from first to second only , had to wait for revs to idle to change gears. People were saying syncro had gone,before i went down that road i changed gear box oil and guess what perfect gear box! £20 for oil. well happy. 2007 T5 60000 MILES
Guess what?!?!?!
YOU are in the wrong Forum!
This is for T4 owners, not "T5 Hipsters"....LOL:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts